Just a warning, this is not a quilty post. I saw this on Laura Listar’s blog and thought it was fun. She did 100 but I don’t think I can think of that many things that I would willingly tell everyone so I’m doing 50. (Actually 51 since I just admitted to being a very private person).
1. I hate having birthdays. It’s silly, I know but after 25, I really don’t care to be reminded how old I am. (I convinced myself at one point that I was a year younger than I actually was). My sweet son even knows to tell everyone that I’m 29.
2. I am the oldest of 3 children.
3. My biggest dream when I was young was to live in NYC. The closest I got was Philadelphia for 3 years.
4. I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up but decided against law school bc I’m not a political person. I can’t decide whether it was the smartest or dumbest decision I ever made.
5. I was extremely shy as a child. A lot of kids probably thought I was stuck up but really, I just was afraid to talk to people (especially boys).
6. I didn’t stop worrying about what others thought of me until college.
7. I went to a big university so I could get lost.
8. My favorite place is the beach.
9. I swore I would not live in Indiana once I became an adult and yet, here I am.
10. My favorite flower is a sunflower.
11. My favorite dessert is cheesecake.
12. I don’t think I’m very photogenic which is why I don’t put very many photos of myself out there for people to see. 3D is much better than 2D.
13. I want to go to Italy one day.
14. I had a crush on my husband when we were in 3rd grade. True story -he didn’t know until 19 years later. (Should have never told him).
15. I love to read.
16. I may seem impulsive outwardly but I’ve usually turned an idea inside and out internally before making a decision.
17. I almost changed my major in college to art history until my mother asked me what in the world I planned to do with an art history degree. (Somebody had to be practical:) So instead, I got a B.A. in psychology (which really wasn’t much better).
18. One of my most favorite paintings hangs in the student union building of my alma mater – I used to walk by it every day just because of the delicious feeling of peace it gave me.
19. I taught myself to knit while in Philly -made one pair of baby booties and haven’t made anything since. I’m thinking about starting up again (because I don’t have enough hobbies).
20. My favorite color is red (followed closely by turquoise and coral).
21. I used to be a swimmer -my best stroke was the backstroke. I also did the butterfly and I.M.
22. I taught aerobics and water aerobics when I was in my twenties -best shape ever in my life but my parents weren’t to thrilled since I had a college degree at the time and was working for minimum wage.
23. The thing I miss most about Philly is the ability to walk everywhere. (I would say my friends but they’ve all left Philly).
24. I hate arguing/fighting with people. I’ll avoid arguments.
25. My best feature – my lips.
26. My favorite song – The pina colada song by Rupert Holmes ( I know – SO cheesy). Although thanks to DH, my daughter thinks it’s Roxanne by The Police (this is the song I hate) and she sings it all the time.
27. My first concert ever – John Schneider -yes, the one from Dukes of Hazzard (ok, stop laughing…really, it was the 80’s.)
28. My second concert – Billy Idol (my tastes run the gamut).
29. I like some new age music but haven’t listened to any in a long time.
30. I have a really good memory for stupid things (it freaks people out sometimes).
31. Favorite book – Gone with the Wind.
32. I’ll read anything by Jodi Picoult.
33. My favorite season is fall. I know, pretty cliche but I love it.
34. My first car was a Chevette.
35. When I was little, I used to get so excited about vacations that I would be sick the entire time.
36. I am a water baby. I spent most of my childhood in a pool or lake. I miss it.
37. I hate needles/shots. I’ve gotten better but up until my first child I would cry at the thought of a shot. And as cruel twist of fate, I had gestational diabetes with each of my pregnancies that was so bad, I had to take insulin shots 3-4 times a day.
38. I was robbed in an elevator once (in Indiana, not Philadelphia). I now know to trust my instincts.
39. I tend to have rose colored glasses when it comes to other people. One of my college roommates said I could find an excuse for anyone’s bad behavior.
40. It makes me sad to see dilapidated houses that I can tell were once grand homes.
41. I love antique stores.
42. I’m really cheap. I refuse to buy things just because of the label/status symbol.
43. I’m extremely allergic to poison ivy. I had to get many steroid shots because my poison ivy wouldn’t go away as a kid.
44. I hate camping.
45. I actually became skinnier after each pregnancy. After my third baby, I was complaining that a size 0 was too big. Let’s just say gestational diabetes and nursing are great for weight loss.
46. I’m not a size 0 anymore -2008 was a really rough year.
47. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.
48. I don’t like Starbucks coffee-too strong (but I do like their frappucinos).
49. I rarely if ever go anywhere without makeup. My college roommate used to make fun of me because I would stop studying to put on lipstick. I wasn’t going anywhere -it just made me feel better.
50. I struggle a lot with trying to balance work life, family life and me time.
If you read all of this, thank you. I should have a quilt top completed by next week-can’t wait to finish the Jinxed quilt.